Monday, October 18, 2010

Jasmine Beckett-Griffiths


I have to thank my sister Nicole for this one. She bought me an Alice in wonderland print for my Birthday a few months back and while she was hunting online for that she came across Jasmine Beckett-Griffiths. It took me quite a while to actually look her up, but I instantly fell in love with her work, especially the pieces with a dark side. I decided I wanted to buy one of her pieces but couldn't decide which one, cause she has so many. So here are the ones I like... Which ones your favorite?

 


Jasmine lives in Florida with her husband and her two cats. Painting is her full time job (I'm so jealous) and she has been creating these wonderful paintings since 1997. I hope that I get to the stage when all I do is paint. Sounds like heaven.

So i decided that there is no possible way for me to decide on which one I would like to buy, so instead I'm going to purchase her portfolio books, both volume I and II from Amazon.
Hope you liked Jasmines work as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Hi rach,
    Thanks heaps for the lovely comments. Yes the traffic signal box was fun to paint but at the start I felt like a naughty community service worker ahaha! So you work at artwrap? thats very cool. I work at Kaisercraft, so i know whats its like , and how fun it is to design fun prints. I am shattered I missed your exhibition in collingwood. I would have come up!
    Thanks again for stopping by and stay in touch!
    Clare

    ReplyDelete